Where to Buy DWN Trees
- Retail Nurseries, Northern Calif. Coastal Counties
- Retail Nurseries, Northern California Inland Counties
- Retail Nurseries, Southern California
- Retail Nurseries Outside California
- Mail Order Availability
- Variety Finder
- Map - DWN Retail Sources, U.S.
- Map - DWN Retailers, Northern & Central Calif.
- Map - DWN Retailers, Southern Calif.
- Map - Nearest Retailers, No. Calif. (enter a ZIP)
- Map - Nearest Retailers, So. Calif. (enter a ZIP)
RETAIL NURSERY VARIETY LIST
213 Hinckley Road
Clinton, Maine 4927
Plant varieties ordered from Dave Wilson Nursery for 2022:
English Morello Sour Cherry Late-ripening tart cherry for cooking, sometimes eaten fresh when fully ripe. Dark red to nearly black fruit with dark juice. Small, round-headed tree with drooping branches (easy to harvest). European origins obscure, introduced to America prior to 1862. 500 hours or less. Self-fruitful. USDA Zones 4-9.
Lapins Cherry Self-fruitful, dark red sweet cherry from Canada. Large, firm, good flavor. Similar to Van in color, Bing in shape. Sometimes sold as ‘Self-fertile Bing.’ Ripens 4 days after Bing. 500 hours or less. USDA Zones 5-9.
Montmorency Sour Cherry Large, light red skin, yellow flesh. Perfect for cobblers, pies, etc. Extremely winter hardy. Very heavy bearing. 500 hours. Self-fruitful. USDA Zones 4-9.
Rainier Cherry Large, yellow with red blush. Sweet and flavorful. Very cold hardy. Midseason harvest. 700 hours. Pollenized by Van, Lambert, Lapins, Black Tartarian & Bing. USDA Zones 5-9.