Where to Buy DWN Trees
- Retail Nurseries, Northern Calif. Coastal Counties
- Retail Nurseries, Northern California Inland Counties
- Retail Nurseries, Southern California
- Retail Nurseries Outside California
- Mail Order Availability
- Variety Finder
- Map - DWN Retail Sources, U.S.
- Map - DWN Retailers, Northern & Central Calif.
- Map - DWN Retailers, Southern Calif.
- Map - Nearest Retailers, No. Calif. (enter a ZIP)
- Map - Nearest Retailers, So. Calif. (enter a ZIP)
RETAIL NURSERY VARIETY LIST
Tampa Tropical Asian Nursery
7520 Caron Rd,
Tampa, FL 33615
Plant varieties ordered from Dave Wilson Nursery for 2023:
Chocolate Persimmon Small to medium size, oblong, bright red skin. Sweet, spicy, firm, brown flesh, superb flavor - the choice of connoisseurs. 200 hours. Self-fruitful.
Coffeecake Persimmon Unique spicy sweet flavor that instantly evokes images of cinnamon pastry, hot coffee and morning sunshine. Coffeecake ripens about the same time as Chocolate and about three weeks to one month earlier than Fuyu. Coffeecake Persimmon is non-astringent and can be eaten while still firm. Hardy, attractive tree, practically free of pests and disease. Estimated chilling requirement: 200 hours or less. Another persimmon variety required as a pollenizer. Gosho or Chocolate are the best pollenizers for Coffeecake.
Fuyu (Jiro) Persimmon (“Apple Persimmon”) Medium size, flat shape, still crunchy when ripe, non-astringent. Cool or hot climate. Hardy, attractive tree, practically pest free. Fall harvest. 200 hours. Self-fruitful.