Where to Buy DWN Trees
- Retail Nurseries, Northern Calif. Coastal Counties
- Retail Nurseries, Northern California Inland Counties
- Retail Nurseries, Southern California
- Retail Nurseries Outside California
- Mail Order Availability
- Variety Finder
- Map - DWN Retail Sources, U.S.
- Map - DWN Retailers, Northern & Central Calif.
- Map - DWN Retailers, Southern Calif.
- Map - Nearest Retailers, No. Calif. (enter a ZIP)
- Map - Nearest Retailers, So. Calif. (enter a ZIP)
RETAIL NURSERY VARIETY LIST
Whispering Tree Nursery
110 Norris St
Santa Maria, CA 93455
Plant varieties ordered from Dave Wilson Nursery for 2022:
Gala Apple Wonderful dessert apple from New Zealand. Crisp, nice blend of sweetness and tartness, rich flavor. Skin reddish orange over yellow. Early harvest, 2 - 3 weeks before Red Delicious. Good pollenizer for other varieties. Adapted to cold- and warm-winter climates. Chilling requirement less than 500 hours. Self-fruitful. USDA Zones 4-10.
Honeycrisp Apple Winter hardy tree from the University of Minnesota. Fruit is crisp and juicy with an aromatic flavor. Striped red over yellow color. Stores well. Ripens mid-August. Pollenized by Gala, Granny Smith, Empire, McIntosh and Red Delicious. USDA Zones 3-8.
Katy Apricot Large, all-purpose, flavorful freestone. Tree ripe fruit is subacid (not tart). A favorite apricot for warm-winter climates. Early harvest, 3-4 weeks before Blenheim (Royal). 200 to 300 hours. Self-fruitful. USDA Zones 7-9. (Zaiger)
Stella Cherry Self-fruitful - no pollenizer needed. Large, nearly black, richly flavored sweet cherry similar to its parent, Lambert. Late harvest. 400 hours. Pollinates Bing, except in mild winter climates. USDA Zones 5-9.