Where to Buy DWN Trees
- Retail Nurseries, Northern Calif. Coastal Counties
- Retail Nurseries, Northern California Inland Counties
- Retail Nurseries, Southern California
- Retail Nurseries Outside California
- Mail Order Availability
- Variety Finder
- Map - DWN Retail Sources, U.S.
- Map - DWN Retailers, Northern & Central Calif.
- Map - DWN Retailers, Southern Calif.
- Map - Nearest Retailers, No. Calif. (enter a ZIP)
- Map - Nearest Retailers, So. Calif. (enter a ZIP)
RETAIL NURSERY VARIETY LIST
West 367 Street & Highway 69 * *by appointment only * *
Louisburg, Kansas 66053
Plant varieties ordered from Dave Wilson Nursery for 2023:
Hosui Asian Pear Consistently rated the best-tasting Asian pear at Dave Wilson Nursery fruit tastings. Large, juicy, sweet, flavorful, refreshing, crisp like an apple. Brownish-orange russeted skin. Harvest early to mid-August in Central CA. 300-400 hours. Pollenized by Shinko, Chojuro, Bartlett, or 20th Century.
Honey Jar Jujube “Chinese date.” Extremely sweet, small to medium sized round fruit. Compact tree-form does well in drought conditions. Party self-fruitful. 200 hours USDA Zones 5-9.
Shanxi Li Jujube “Chinese date.” Largest of the popular jujube varieties (over 2 inches), round shape. Apple-like flavor, sweetens when dried. Self-fruitful and a good pollenizer for other varieties. 200 hours. USDA Zones 5-9.
Donut (Stark Saturn) White Peach Also called Saucer or Peento peach. Unique white-fleshed fruit with a sunken center (shaped like a doughnut). Sweet, with a mild flavor described by some as almond-like. Ripens late June/early July in Central CA. Estimated chilling requirement 200-300 hours. Self-fruitful.