- Retail Nurseries, Northern Calif. Coastal Counties
- Retail Nurseries, Northern California Inland Counties
- Retail Nurseries, Southern California
- Retail Nurseries Outside California
- Mail Order Availability
- Variety Finder
- Map - DWN Retail Sources, U.S.
- Map - DWN Retailers, Northern & Central Calif.
- Map - DWN Retailers, Southern Calif.
- Map - Nearest Retailers, No. Calif. (enter a ZIP)
- Map - Nearest Retailers, So. Calif. (enter a ZIP)
Where to Buy DWN Trees
— HOME GARDEN/RETAIL CATALOG —
Pear, Asian, Semi-dwarf on OHxF333
Juicy, sweet, mild flavored fruit is crisp like an apple. Early to mid-August in Central CA. Keeps well. Easy to grow, heavy bearing small tree. 300-400 hours. Self-fruitful or pollenized. by Shinseiki, Bartlett, or other.
Consistently rated the best-tasting Asian pear at Dave Wilson Nursery fruit tastings. Large, juicy, sweet, flavorful, refreshing, crisp like an apple. Brownish-orange russeted skin. Harvest early to mid-August in Central CA. 300-400 hours. Pollenized by Shinko, Chojuro, Bartlett, or 20th Century.
Late ripening - September in Central CA - and excellent quality. Juicy, sweet, flavorful, refreshing, crisp like an apple. Golden brown russeted skin. Shows fire blight resistance. 450 hours. Pollenized by Hosui, Chojuro, Kikusui, Bartlett
Juicy, sweet, refreshing, crisp like an apple. Easy to grow. Keeps well. Harvest late July/early August in Central CA. Bright yellow skin. Vigorous, heavy bearing (usually by 2nd year). 250-300 hours. Self-fruitful.
Tennosui Asian Pear -WHERE TO BUY THIS VARIETY-
Assumed to be a chance cross of TENN (also known as Tennessee pear) and Hosui pear. Crisp, bell-shaped fruit matures late July to early August and is very productive. Cut fruit remains crisp and tasty and is slow to oxidize. Shows resistance to fire blight. 150-450 hrs. Self-fruitful.