- Retail Nurseries, Northern Calif. Coastal Counties
- Retail Nurseries, Northern California Inland Counties
- Retail Nurseries, Southern California
- Retail Nurseries Outside California
- Mail Order Availability
- Variety Finder
- Map - DWN Retail Sources, U.S.
- Map - DWN Retailers, Northern & Central Calif.
- Map - DWN Retailers, Southern Calif.
- Map - Nearest Retailers, No. Calif. (enter a ZIP)
- Map - Nearest Retailers, So. Calif. (enter a ZIP)
Where to Buy DWN Trees
— FOR RETAIL NURSERIES & HOME GARDENS —
Multi-Buds & Espaliers
Growing two or more fruit varieties on one tree is a practical, fun way to produce more kinds of fruit as well as prolong the harvest season from a small space in the yard. Each limb of a multiple-budded fruit tree is a different variety - up to four, five or even six different kinds of fruit. Note that success with multiple-budded fruit trees depends on regular pruning to keep the varieties in balance, i.e. to prevent the strongest-growing varieties from gradually shading out the others. An espaliered multi-budded tree offers a formal structure; as it grows, each varietal limb is trained into its own well-defined space.