- Retail Nurseries, Northern Calif. Coastal Counties
- Retail Nurseries, Northern California Inland Counties
- Retail Nurseries, Southern California
- Retail Nurseries Outside California
- Mail Order Availability
- Variety Finder
- Map - DWN Retail Sources, U.S.
- Map - DWN Retailers, Northern & Central Calif.
- Map - DWN Retailers, Southern Calif.
- Map - Nearest Retailers, No. Calif. (enter a ZIP)
- Map - Nearest Retailers, So. Calif. (enter a ZIP)
Where to Buy DWN Trees
— HOME GARDEN/RETAIL CATALOG —
Aprium® Interspecific Apricots
The Aprium® is a complex interspecific hybrid, predominantly of apricot and plum (Prunus armeniaca, P. salicina).
The intense, complex flavors of Aprium® and Pluot® varieties are unique, much like when a blend of fruit juices is an improvement over any of the separate ingredients. Additionally, the sugar content of interspecifics is much higher than in standard plums or apricots, yielding fruit of incomparable sweetness.
Aprium® Interspecifics, with their scant fuzz, resemble apricots in the expression of their parentage.
Pluot® and Aprium® are registered trademarks of Zaiger's Inc. Genetics of Modesto, California.
See also the overview of Zaiger Interspecifics
White flesh apricot-plum hybrid. Medium-sized with incredible flavor, very sweet and juicy. Ripens early- to mid-July. Self-fruitful. 400 hours. USDA Zones 7-10. (Pat. No. 17827) (Zaiger)
Apricot-plum hybrid. Resembles an apricot but with a distinctive flavor and texture all its own. High taste-test scores, one of the most flavorful early season fruits. Early June. Very low chilling requirement, less than 300 hours. Self-fruitful, but largest crops when pollenized by another apricot. (Zaiger)
Large size Aprium® with deep orange color inside and out. Reliable annual bearer, high flavor and firm texture, ripens mid to late June. Self-fruitful, required chill 500 hours or less. Zones 7-10. U.S. Plant Patent No. 21863 (Zaiger)