- Retail Nurseries, Northern Calif. Coastal Counties
- Retail Nurseries, Northern California Inland Counties
- Retail Nurseries, Southern California
- Retail Nurseries Outside California
- Mail Order Availability
- Variety Finder
- Map - DWN Retail Sources, U.S.
- Map - DWN Retailers, Northern & Central Calif.
- Map - DWN Retailers, Southern Calif.
- Map - Nearest Retailers, No. Calif. (enter a ZIP)
- Map - Nearest Retailers, So. Calif. (enter a ZIP)
Where to Buy DWN Trees
— HOME GARDEN/RETAIL CATALOG —
Sour Cherry, Semi-dwarf on Mazzard
Natural dwarf to 7 ft. Large 1” fruit is the sweetest of the sour cherries. Ripens late August. Discovered near Edmonton, Alberta Canada: hardy to -40. Self-fruitful. Est. chill requirement 400-700 hours. USDA Zones 3-9.
Late-ripening tart cherry for cooking, sometimes eaten fresh when fully ripe. Dark red to nearly black fruit with dark juice. Small, round-headed tree with drooping branches (easy to harvest). European origins obscure, introduced to America prior to 1862. 500 hours or less. Self-fruitful. USDA Zones 4-9.